Friday, February 5, 2010

I can't believe I'm doing this...

Over winter break I seemed to continually add to my mental list of guilty pleasures. We all have them. We all acknowledge them. But then why are we all so ashamed of them? Well, since I have nothing to do this Friday night until 9 o'clock soccer practice, I'm dissecting my list to maybe find some meaning and reasoning in why I must accompany some of these pleasures with guilt.

Guilty Pleasure #1: Top 40 Music. Yes, it is true. Any time I got in my car at home, I tuned the radio station to WNCI 97.9. (For those not from the great 614, it's the, well, top 40 radio hit station). I never blasted my music for fear of others overhearing to what I was nodding my head like yeah and moving my hips like yeah. Yes, that is the second time on this blog that I have referred to Miley Cyrus...now that is something to be ashamed of. Anyways, what is so wrong with Top 40 that makes me want to call it a guilty pleasure? First off, the so-called-music is absolutely abysmal. So not good music to my ears. Really stupid lyrics, for lack of a better word, doctored voices, and just straight up bad in general. Like, really Ke$ha? Are you going to brush your teeth with a bottle of Jack's? Does the party not start until you walk in? Oh, and are you serious about that dollar sign in the middle of your name? But amidst all of that muck, why am I so inclined to stay on the station to listen to you?

Guilty Pleasure #2: Even as an almost nineteen year old, I still enjoy watching The Disney Channel. Wizards of Waverly Place, occasional moments of Hannah Montana (that's the hardest to admit), Disney Channel original movies, etc. So again, why do I still watch crap like this? Probably because Disney Channel used to be the best thing to ever happen to my generation. Think about it. Lizzie McGuire created a phenomenon. Even Stevens taught us all that if you work hard enough you can buy your own churro machine to keep in your bedroom. And let's not forget those movies. My personal three favorites: Smart House, Rip Girls, and Stepsister from Planet Weird. It's a general consensus, too, that Brink maybe just be the best movie in the history of movies. So as we have grown older, I think we, well, I, have just found it a little too difficult to part with this sparkling aspect of my past. Skate on, Andy Brinker.

Guilty Pleasure #3: Honestly, the rest are all too weird to put on here...

Again, these are things that I do only when nobody else is around to witness. Except for I guess now you know what I do in my spare time. Well, fair enough. Because I know you have your own little secrets that you probably won't share because you still have a sense of sanity. Just try not to judge me too hard on these. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and thats why the 713 is better.... lol sry for the awkward fb stalk...i blame you i was gonna ask you something about spanish on fbim and you got off lol

    ReplyDelete